Thursday, January 24, 2013

Everyone is beautiful!


Beauty is an attitude and it comes from every edge of the Earth. It also comes in all colors, sizes, and looks. These are women who are confident and beautiful. Growing up was semi difficult for me to understand my beauty. My father is South Korean and my mother is of Caucasian descent. I wasn't sure if I needed to embrace my Asian heritage or my American side. However, as I grew older I came to understand that it wasn't about picking a side, but instead it was about being comfortable with who I am. Coming from an Asian background most of the women have small petite frames. I have never been considered the skinny girl and compared to all of my Asian friends I was the fat girl. I was extremely dissatisfied with my body and tried to conceal it as much as possible. Even at 23 years old I am still battling with body image. It gets easier everyday, sure there are some tough days, but I'm starting to realize that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. The picture below comes from the Dove body wash campaign and I tip my hat to them for breaking the stereotypes on beauty.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this personal post about you because I'm sure every girl battles with body image, especially with the media pressure we put up with these days. Even though the majority of females are insecure about one thing or another, it's nice to actually hear another girl talk about what she feels, or once did feel, uneasy about. Posts like this one remind me that I'm not the only girl who looks in the mirror and doesn't like everything I see. Today's world pressures us to look a certain way but this was a nice reminder to just be happy with who we are.

    ReplyDelete